Are you looking at some aspect of aviation for your career? Are you a youth between 13 and 19 years old? Then you will want to apply for the first annual …
- Value: $1000
- Who: Canadian Youth between ages 13 and 19 years old (by the application deadline of June 30, 2016, the end of the 2015/2016 school year)
- Acceptable careers: anything aviation (pilot, aircraft mechanic, air traffic controller, …)
- Application: Write a 1000 word essay stating your career of choice and why you want a career in aviation. Email your essay to ypk @ northfraserairshow.ca (no spaces)
- Submission deadline: Midnight, June 30, 2016
- Selection process: directors of the North Fraser Airshow Society will make their selection from the essays they have received by the deadline. The winner will be contacted and the scholarship awarded on stage at the 2016 airshow (scheduled for July of next year.)
- Money distribution: The scholarship winner will inform the North Fraser Airshow Society where he/she will be doing their aviation training, and the money will be deposited, in the winner’s name, with that organization.
- Publicity: The scholarship winner will have the opportunity to appear in a photo on this webpage as well as on our facebook page, if desired by him/her. His/her essay may also be published on this website. It is possible that the media will pick up the story as well.